Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Schedule

Today was the first day where it felt like Robert could get back on the schedule that his foster mother so lovingly provided for him.  He really has been a little trooper considering that he doesn't understand the language, he misses his family, he misses the sights and smells and tastes that he is used to. And knowing that he loves to play outside, it's been so hard as the weather here has been terribly hot.

Rob and I are also figuring out how to be parents and teammates.  It feels a lot like on-the-job training.  We're figuring it out as we go.  It may not be pretty, and I may forget to pack a few things in the diaper bag and Rob may forget to put the remote control to the TV out of sight, but luckily we have lots of people praying for us and for Little Rob and that's the power that we're drawing off of right now.

I probably won't be posting as much now that we are home. Perhaps for his birthday and some milestones.  My time is so limited now and I need to use any bit of time I can steal during naps to clean, get back to a little Bible study time, and "speak" Rob's love language of quality time together.



The adoption experience has been hard. It has a lot of ups and downs, and downs, and downs.  We know that's what all parents experience, but of course, it's all worth it.  The past two years has led me to a dependence on God that I had never experienced before.  I had more times on my knees in prayer.  I had more real conversations with God than ever before.  And I got to experience God's love through the people he put in my life like never before. I may look like a frazzled mess right now, but inside I'm content knowing this was God's plan all along.

3 comments:

  1. Robert is SO SO SO SO cute!!! My heart melts every single time I see a new picture of him. I love the pic with his fingers up. Too cute!!!! Thank you so much for sharing with all of us. You are awesome Julie! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep checking your blogs for updates, eager to see how things are progressing. I can somewhat relate to traumatic flights, my wife and I took turns walking up and down the isles for 9 hours straight when we flew with year-old Chaka. Of course, we were fortunate enough to have had good sleeps the night before. I can also relate to lack of personal time... and thus I should sign off and take advantage of this time to work!

    Cheers,
    Greg S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Team Jacobs - What an adorable little guy! So glad to hear that each day will be easier and remember you will all stay in our prayers! Find time to laugh together, relax and play, cleaning and scrubbing can wait till another time! I'm looking forward to meeting your son and starting our play dates! Hugs to all!

    Love, Auntie Pam

    ReplyDelete